To overcome Oil Pressure Warning Light Comes On While Driving your VW Beetle, these three steps are sufficient :
- Stop car at once. Check oil level. If oil level is good, go to step 2. If level is low, add oil as necessary.
- If oil level is adequate and light still comes on, have VW dealer check engine as soon as possible.
- Have your dealer check engine to determine cause of low oil level.
Generator and Cooling Warning Light Comes on While Driving
- Stop car and shut engine off
- Check V-Belt. If broken, replace. If slipping, tighten.
- If V-belt is not broken or slipping, generator is probably defective. Drive immediately to a dealer for repairs.
Automatic Stick Shift Lever Cannot be Shifted
- Stop car and shut engine off.
- Check control valve fuse in engine compartment. If fuse is blown, replace. If fuse is not blown, go to step 3.
- Check wiring to control valve. Tighten if necessary. Control valve is located on left side of engine compartment. If wiring is not loose, car requires more thorough checkout. Take it to your dealer for service.